JOB VACANCY | Structural Project Manager
Knowles is recognised as one of the leading construction contractors in London and the Home Countries. Across our 30-year history, Knowles have delivered some of London, Surrey, Berkshire, and Oxfordshire’s most exciting and prestigious projects.
This role will be primarily for a super-prime structural contract, located in Central London.
To manage the site team on the project and work closely and alongside the Project Director and Senior Quantity Surveyor to ensure that the project is delivered to the highest standard whilst maintaining the Company’s reputation for quality.
Candidates must have experience in successfully delivering super-prime projects, with an emphasis on complex structural works. Individuals will need to have a strong understanding of everything from piling, groundworks, basement construction, and concrete/steel frame construction while working on a mixture of residential and mixed-use schemes.
Must have a proven track record in a role which required liaison with designers, clients, and other parties to ensure that the project is a complete success. They must also be able to proactively manage the site team, as well as specialist subcontractors, and be able to plan and programme projects in detail to achieve deadline, without compromising on quality or safety.
Suitable construction professionals will ideally be degree qualified in civil engineering or construction management and will be able to show a strong history from a site engineer level through to management over the last 5-10+ years.
It is crucial that applicants can show a strong amount of steel/concrete frame and groundwork construction background having worked for other frame and groundwork subcontractors in the UK.
Regarding software, our client uses the usual Microsoft programmes, standard email functions and Asta Power Project for planning/programming works. Project Managers will be required to use all these tools.
- Oversee commercial activities of the surveying team and ensure all Company processes and procedures are communicated and embedded in everyday workings.
- Line manage the complete site team.
- Work with the Project Director to ensure that high standards of delivery are maintained and that there is early identification of the escalation of any commercial project risk so that necessary action can be taken.
- Prepare reports for Knowles’ Board of Directors
- Management of internal quality control software
- HNC in Construction or relevant Degree level qualification
- Detailed knowledge private residential building contracting.
- Good/ Excellent understanding of traditional building methods and products associated with the refurbishment of listed buildings and super-prime market
EXPERIENCE & BEHAVIOURS
- Act in a manner befitting the status and responsibility of a Project Manager
- Be confident in dealing directly with Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Clients and Subcontractors
Please send applications to email@example.com